As moving services movers in Greenville, New Bern, and Kinston, NC, we know more than most how stressful starting the moving process can be. With that in mind, here are some helpful tips from our moving services company experts on how to make the 27858 moving process go smoother from beginning to end.
What You’ll Need to Pack
Packing is the hardest part. Advance Moving & Storage, whether you’re moving in Greenville, New Bern, or Kinston, NC, supplies a full line of boxes for your packing purposes:
- Small boxes- These work best for heavy items; like books.
- Medium boxes- These are the universal box; good for almost everything
- Large boxes- These are great for lightweight large items
- Dish pack boxes- Because are dually reinforced, they are made for fragile items
- Wardrobe boxes- These are portable closets, so they are great for clothes. Shoes & odd shaped items can go in the bottom.
- Picture boxes- These come in different sizes and can hold up to 3 pictures depending on the width.
- Mattress covers- These are sold in various sizes and are great for keeping your mattress clean
- Shrink wrap- This is applied to all upholstered items so dust particles do not reach the furniture.
- Packing paper- This is typically sold in bundles of 25 lbs – Traditional newspaper may get ink on items
- Tape- This is essential when moving and mostly forgotten about when purchasing supplies. Let our movers show you how we pack for 27858 moves.
Our Helpful Packing Hints
We have a lot of experience packing. Here are some of our moving tips that companies use all over Eastern North Carolina:
- Pack the items you use the least
- Label all boxes with the room they came from and what the contents are
- Seal your boxes shut with tape, don’t simply fold the corners in together
- Stemware should be standing upright with the opening facing the bottom
- Plates and bowls should be standing upright, not flat (opposite of how you eat off them)
- Computers, T.V., Blueray/DVD Players- if possible pack these items in the original box they came with
- Take light bulbs and shades of off lamps and pack these separately with packing paper
- Pack fragile items with items from the linen closet; no space is wasted
- Sort the kitchen into breakables and non-breakables (pots/pans/plastics) before packing
- Keep out 2-3 boxes for the actual move day for all the last minute items, which your Greenville, New Bern, and Kinston, NC Movers will equally appreciate for your move!
For more tips, check out some of our easy packing guides on the blog!
What NOT to Bring
It’s important to us that every move is a safe move. It’s important that you don’t bring any flammable items into the moving vehicle. These items include:
- Aerosol cans
- Lacquer thinner
- Any other items that the label reads they are flammable
In addition, candles are not suggested on long-distance moves especially in the summer season.
What to Remember AFTER the Move
In addition, after your movers are gone and you have everything in your home in Greenville, Kinston, or New Bern, NC, there are a couple things you still have to do. Here are some things you shouldn’t forget:
- Fill out a change of address form
- Update all newspaper and magazine subscriptions with the new address
- Get utilities/cable/internet/and phone service transferred to the new location
- Have an idea of how the furniture will be placed in the new home before movers arrive
- Meet a new neighbor and exchange phone numbers in case an emergency occurs
- If you own pets; make sure you have their food and water ready for them
Did you have a great experience? Let our moving company in New Bern, Kinston, and Greenville, NC Movers know it by completing a testimonial.