At Advance Moving and Storage in Greenville, Kinston, and New Bern, NC, we want to make the moving process as easy and stress-free as possible. So, we have compiled a list of some packing tips and tricks to help you out:
- Put aside items that you plan to donate. This both minimizes the number of things you have to pack and also helps out the community!
- Instead of bubble wrap or packing peanuts, use clothing, towels, or sheets. This helps to save you money on packing supplies while also packing things you were going to pack anyways.
- Be sure to clearly label where each box goes to make the unpacking process more speedy. Also, pack a box or two of items you know you will need immediately so you don’t have to search around for things like pans or socks.
- When taking out nails and screws, put them in a zipper bag and tape them to the picture frame, piece of furniture, etc.
- Use suitcases as boxes to pack clothing, linens, etc.