At Advance Moving and Storage, Inc, we are a moving company in Greenville, New Bern, and Kinston, NC. So, we know a thing a two about storage. We have put together a list of tips for organizing your storage unit:
- Place things that you don’t want to get wet onto pallets. This prevents your precious items and important documents from getting water damage in the case of rainwater or melted snow entering your unit.
- Keep temperature changes in mind. Unless you have a climate-controlled unit, be aware of the extreme temperatures both outside and inside storage units. Do not store items in your storage unit that could be damaged by extreme heat or cold.
- If you are storing appliances, you should keep their doors shut, except for refrigerators where you should keep the door slightly ajar in order to prevent mold from accumulating.
- Label all of your boxes to save yourself some time when you are looking for an item in your storage unit.
- Be sure to cover furniture with sheets and towels to prevent them from getting scratched during the moving and storage process.
For your moving and storage needs in Greenville, New Bern, and Kinston, contact us at Advance Moving and Storage, Inc.